Friday, December 24, 2010

Ho Ho Ho not just a lady of the evening.

Byron getting all snug in his bed awaiting the arrival of Santa. Am I the only adult that feels guilty misleading my kids? I love this time of the year yet am torn with the need to not let down my kids with lies. Maybe this is the problem we protect kids so much so they never have disappointments that we have sheltered them into a fairytale life and they are under deserving. I do know Byron got a bike tomorrow from Santa and he will never ride he streets alone due to the perverts that perpetuate the evening news. how will he even learn to ride, will he ever have the luxury of playing and riding until the street lights come on?? I miss small town life. How will he gain any independence?


Ray is getting ready for Santa too, he just put a toy together and I am sure he need the rum and cookies that have been laid out for Santa.Santa has discriminating taste.
This year is due to end with a fizzle for us, since coming into the new year we expect better health news and a big sign of relief to come. After meeting with the doctors on Friday and hearing about my aggressive cancer that wants to spread. Damn I thought thyroid cancers behaved better and knew their place. I am on a ridiculous low iodine diet that is really putting a kink in my eating habits this holiday yet the wine consumption remains steady and is allowed. Wow I have bent the truth into believing it is doctors orders that i have only roughage and wine. I have lost 6 pounds already and that means the fat farm trip wont happen in feb as I will not need the trip to Utah to hike and play as I did last year on only 1000 calories daily. ...maybe after I plump up when I become hypothyroid. The radioactive iodine treatment will happen in mid to late Jan as I need some family support since I will be away from the klids for over a week. Well I need to not worry about them, they are resilient and handle things better than I.
This holiday season is a time to reflect and forgive others and ourselves and become the people we think we are, yet different then how others see us. We can give to charities we can bake bread we can be excused. My favorite saying "we judges others by their actions yet we ourselves would like to be judged on our intentions." I must act as I intend, this is my New Years wish I plan to fulfill.
Merry Christmas and I hope I don't get coal.

3 comments:

  1. No worries, Santa ran out of coal after he left my house ;0) Im at a loss for the perfect thing to say, so here goes, you are a beautiful woman and mom, stay strong and don't give up because you are loved and needed and have a lot more to do and share and lots more amazing moments to experience, basically you are bigger than this thing you are battling!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Santa gave you coal, in a week, you would have a diamond! I love you and am praying for you and that amazing family of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I haven't been keeping up with blogs and only just began blogging again myself. So sorry to hear about your run in with the "C" word. A very dear friend of mine with thru the same cancer when her children where both under the age of 5. She is 100% in recovery and her kids are now both reaching puberty. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery, your attitude is perfect. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete