Friday, November 19, 2010

Cancer, it can't be I am a Pisces.

Damn it, the results are in and the chad fell off. The recount is official, I have thyroid cancer.

I knew this would be the result but didn't realize I would feels so sad. I know I must take certain steps like staging and surgery and radiation, after care but should I really remember that I haven't baptized my baby? I must make sure I plan and plan and plan to that no one ever has to question what I want best for my 2 babies.
Ray and I had a great date night to talk and plan and it was a wonderful night to make sure I am still connected to the one love.My dear friend Robin too is helping and doesn't know how much so, other than the play dates sleep overs and wine supply. Byron is away for a sleep over and Piece was so sleepy in his stroller in the restaurant that Ray and I just ate great sushi and drank fine libations that it felt like a wonderful Friday date night but the talk was of cancer. I even got to pull the cancer card when he said we should go and I said "lets just have another round and talk some more come on I have cancer."
Ray is awesome, I hope he is not reading this because I will have trouble making him do the dishes now. He really is quite nice and way better than me. I should be like him and hope the kids are like him, but I know Byron is just like me and it cracks me up when he tells Ray that he is a bad driver and that Ray is scared of spiders and that mom just does it so much better. I just love that.

I do know that my fear is, while men when alone are so darn attractive when struggling with kids that women just fall all over them. I told Ray just stay single for a year then remarry someone I would find ugly and I give my blessing and will never haunt them. I would just want someone to hug my children, thats all, even when they don't want it which just happens every day. I must squeeze my boys into submission everyday just make sure they feel loved and annoyed properly.
Please dont worry about me I am fine I will beat this.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Judy and I returned from our trip to hear of the poignant news at Thanksgiving dinner with Kim and Melanie. You are one of the most resilient people that I know. I know that you can beat this. Keep a positive attitude. If we can do anything to help, please let us know.

    Tim

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. i shall forever think of you surrounded in the brightest white light.

    fight hard.

    do you hear me.
    fight hard!

    OOx c.

    ReplyDelete